Monday, July 13, 2009

New Blog, New Crib, Same ‘ol Me

Its about time I followed up on this thing.

A new blog. I figured it was time for a facelift on this site. I mean with a new leaf, new place to live, new job project… why not have a new look? It’s the same thing, but I did change my address down on the bottom right, so be sure you update it in your address books. Its 24-16 32nd Street Astoria, NY 11102

The new crib… yes I moved. Still in Queens, but in Astoria now. Astoria, you may not have heard of us... but you have heard from us. My neighborhood has birthed Tony Bennett, David Schimmer (of the show Friends), and Christopher Walken. Mobster Frank Costello, and ragtime great Scott Joplin are buried here. The original Cosby Show was set and shot here. Sienfeld's george Costanza's parents lived here.And who could for get Archie and Edith Bunker living here in the show All in the Family. It has been the backdrop for the movies Goodfellas and King Kong. enough about the city, now about the crib. The new place was a blank slate we we first got in, which proved to be a good thing. Operation Extreme Makeover Home Edition ROUND 2 here we go. I have posted pictures of before and after. It seems like that’s all I have been doing lately, is fixing up and redoing places. Its fun, but a lot of work, do you think it paid off?











I must say a HUGE Thank YOU!!!!!!!! To any and all of you who helped with the move by donating supplies, donations, prayers and support. You have helped make my apartment... a home. And its reassuring to know I have pieces of you with me here! I had some of the biggest help with my best friends making the drive up from LA to NY. The road trip was fun, memorable and spent doing a LOT of laughing.

I celebrated my 23rd birthday back home when I went down to visit. It was the best birthday yet, cause I spent the entire 10 days with family and friends, the best gift I could have asked for. It was a great trip home, one that went by too quickly but was such a blessing to have. I met my nephew Hudson for the first time, which was THE biggest reason i was looking forward to going home. And spending time with my three nieces/nephew was time well spent.

The new job starts Friday. I am still at the same company just shifted to a different project. Its a project with the Science Channel, on a weekly show called Brink. As for all of you Food Network lovers, keep watching as the field keeps narrowing to our finale on August 2nd. Who do you think has got it in the “lunchbag?”

Until Next Time...
Peace, Love, and NYC
Dillon

8 comments:

  1. The place looks great! It looks roomy. We were so glad to have you down. I read your post out loud to Hudson and he smiled/talked back the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice place Dil, you did a great job with the decorating. Sorry we didn't get to see you much when you were home but that was a busy week. We love you and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that napkin holder on your dining room table :). The place looks great. Will Jamie say that she taught you evrything you know? Fantastic job. Enjoyed seeing you. I thought I had it in the lunchbag but got fooled on sunday night. Now I have to rethink this show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I must tell you, the pictures don't reveal the warmth and hominess of the appartment. Great crib! All of us enjoyed your visit at home and the four of us enjoyed our two days with you in NYC.
    Keep rock'n the Big Apple.
    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really looks great in the pictures but I guess I will HAVE to come back to see in person. ;)
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, so totally random but i was googling my address to look up restaurants and your blog came up haha so i thought i'd send a hello from upstairs! :)
    Bel

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete