Tuesday, November 3, 2009

FALLing into Season

Fall has arrived, although I think we skipped over Summer and are just about into Winter already. Most New Yorker’s say its their favorite time of year, the crisp chill in the air, the leaves turning colors, seeing families bundle up in neutral & brown tones strolling through the park. Well I have never seen Fall this way, until now.

Back home the leaves go from “green” to “ground.” None of the sunburned reds and rusty orange on the foliage. Just a pile of leaves making one hate having an actual yard to rake. The only crisp chill in the air back home in Louisiana is the kind that comes from the rain in December that forces you to buy so much chap-stick, you just as soon buy stock in the company. And families walking together? Well that only happens as stroller moms storm the mall trying to start Christmas shopping and dragging their young ones along who are clearly unhappy with being at the mall for 6 hours as mom sifts through the sale rack at Sears for a $7.00 shirt for dad.

The season here is one that kind of calms you and shows you the color pallet of mother nature. I have posted some pictures below. More can be seen at www.dillonandre.smugmug.com under the album “FALLing into the Season.”





My stepmom and one of my stepsisters visited this weekend. It was a really good visit. We didn’t do much, but just hang out eat and sleep. It was nice to just spend quality time together. Made me miss the Sunday night dinners when we all used to go over and eat and spend time together as a family.





One of my New Year’s resolutions this year was to read more. Surprisingly, unlike other resolutions I have always made, I have. I have read 5 books this year. (That’s 5 more than I read last year.) They all have been mostly devotional, self reflecting, motivational books. After reading one, I have found they kind of all are the same. They all have the same point and rarely differ in their calls-to-action. While I have enjoyed them, after reading them, I still feel unchallenged, the same, and as though I wasted my time reading them. So I figured rather than still spending money on these books, why not write one myself, but do it online. So I am asking for your prayers. I am working on a new blog that I am planning on launching at the beginning of the year that I will send out and post a weekly motivational, inspirational, call to action type of blog that will encourage you to be the best you that you can be. It will be real world applications so that it forces you to realize the ways to better ourselves.

You know good and well you are going to make a new years resolution to lose weight, eat better and be more active. You know you will, and I know you will. You do it every year, and after about the first two months, you make excuses ALREADY. Too hard to get to the gym, takes to long, sore from last week, and whatever other excuse you make. Not this idea of being a better you. This “routine” is available to you at any computer and on any cell phone, so location is not an excuse. This routine won’t take too long, they are 5 minute challenges that you will get on Monday and be asked to focus on throughout the week. No trainer to hold you accountable, just yourself and your conscious. Its going to be the best part of your week and an ENTIRE new way of looking at life. A way that is going to get you… to be the BEST you!

You can check out the new Blog at http://routinelyme.blogspot.com/
Please hold me accountable on this project as I will be holding you accountable to follow it and stop by and read it once a week, for 5 minutes, and the pay-off? You will get into being “Routinely Me”.

Until Next Time...
Peace, Love and NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment