Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Thought This Place Looked Familiar



I found this place just the way I left it. Busy, crowded, lifelike, and yet seemed like a natural fit at the same time. The move went well, although still adjusting. While the highest temperature over the past three days doesn't even total 50 it has been a very nice change from the Louisiana heat. My room is "set-up" and my bags unpacked, making this move seem a lot more permanent than what I guess I originally was expecting. I am living in Queens, NY and its a nice transition from the hustle and bustle of living in noisy midtown where I lived last time. Its only a 15-20 minute subway ride max into the city. I like it because its a very homey feeling type of place. Last night, I realized how conveniently located my place is too. A Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, 2 Home Depots, Sports Authority, grocery store, laundry mat, and eateries galore all within walking distance of my place. Its a place that I can say I am proud to call home. Everything just seems to be falling into place and the blessings keep coming. I went to church this morning at the same church I went to when I was here the last time, and was like I had been there all along. It was nice to feel welcomed in such a big place. As big as it is, (I am sure as you would expect) I ran into someone I knew. This city doesn't seem so big after all. Work starts tomorrow morning and I am excited and ready. I have posted  a few pictures for you to see my neighborhood. Its funny a small town boy in this big ol city, here we go! Deep breath. Hold on. Dive in.

Peace, Love and NYC,
Dillon
             

7 comments:

  1. Look at all the snow!! We will miss you but we are so proud. We love the food network even Uncle Jimmy...I too love telling people my nephew works for the food network. Good luck on your first day and all your days....Love, Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dillon,

    WOW! I can't believe the snow! If you keep your faith, God will never leave you! You feel at home, because you are exactly where God wants you to be....at least for now!

    All my love,
    Chantelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning!
    Hope you have a WONDERFUL first day. Thinking of you. Be careful. Have fun!
    Love, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dillon!
    It's so great to see you living the dream!! I hope your first day was wonderful!!
    Good luck! You'll be great!
    Lindsey Kleinpeter-Stelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dillon:
    I am so proud of you. You must know how great a fan of Food Network I am and even more so now that you are a part of it. I love New York so I know it is exciting for you to be in the Big Apple. Grandma was always on the front row for every performance you were ever in and I will be there for your first award. Live your Dream! You earned it. I love you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just joined this blog site thing. Seems pretty cool. You should probably subscribe and most likely be my only subscriber. Howd'ya like them apples, EH!

    Seems like a really cool place you got there. Let's work on taking some inside pictures. Some people like that kind of stuff. That way, you may get a nod of approval.

    Let me know when we should expect to see your name on some credits. I don't really watch that show, but if you tell me it's better because you've been apart of the process - I may tune in. Although, it would be a break from having to look at Giada all the time, what a show off.

    You left at the wrong time. I actually am going to attempt to make a King Cake tonight. I figure with the premiere of Lost, it calls for something special. I know it's going to be PHENOMENAL, because I made it. These talented cooking tools, called my hands, rarely disappoint.

    Hope the job is going well. Let us know what they are making you do/learn so far.

    At least you don't have to hear rattle-snake fingers anymore.

    Peace, Ash

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS- You couldn't be more creative with your text in the snow? GEEZ.

    ReplyDelete